Wednesday, August 14, 2013

10 more things



1. my hubby has the most beautiful handwriting. I made him hand address all of our wedding invitations. And when he writes me a love letter (which happens rather often actually...) I feel like I'm a character from a Jane Austen novel.

2. speaking of Jane Austen, when I do read one of her novels (which is minimally once a year) I speak like the characters for about a week.

3. I do not have a green thumb, as much as I long to have my own vegetable garden. I currently have 8 house plants, and am happy to report that they are all more or less thriving. Exciting!

4. my spelling is horrible. Honestly. Sometimes I spell rather basic words so wrong that I don't even get spelling suggestions. when this happens, I often pick a synonym. I'm serious.

5. goals and to-do lists are good friends of mine. sometimes I spend a little too much time with them.

6. I know it's irrational, but I have a thing against upper case letters. 

7. not owning a car or a microwave or a TV hasn't been all that difficult. but I cannot imagine giving up my wireless connection.

8. because, let's face it. although I do desire to live simply, sometimes it's just hard giving things up.

9. I am first and foremost a writer. a lot of my creativity flows from words. reading them, speaking them, putting them into interesting and new combinations. 

10. one of my favorite ways to spend the day is home alone. in the quiet. working and creating and dreaming and learning. I find this calm space is often where I grow, where I gain perspective, where I am able to be honest with myself. of course at the end of the day, I am always happy to see Waldi again too.

(you can see the first 10 things I shared here)

No comments:

Post a Comment