Monday, August 12, 2013

weekend craftiness




so, my mom went home a few days ago. It was a sad day for me. I am slowly getting used to crying in the Frankfurt airport, that's for sure! 

It was so great having her here, and it makes me happy to think about all the crafting we got done together. She left so many beautiful things behind to remind me of her! 

Here's one we finished right before she left on Friday. We worked on it together which was fun. I had this plate from my mother-in-law sitting in my kitchen. It's from Tajikistan, which is where my husband was born. It wasn't really serving a specific purpose, and so we decided to use it to make a centerpiece for our coffee table. We just added a few jars with yarn cozies and there you go. My mom knit the two smaller ones, and I crocheted the larger one. 


The smallest one is just seed stitch, and the white one is a Debbie Bliss pattern from The Knitter's Year. I love that book!
The crochet jar with the button was inspired by Dottie Angel's lovely blog and style. I've been using the two smaller ones for candles so far, but they took totally cute just on their own too.

No comments:

Post a Comment