Friday, June 13, 2014

making granola





you guys. I am seriously hooked on making granola. 

not only is it delicious & healthy & affordable, but I find the process so relaxing and fun! Today I thought I would share the way I make my granola after a bit of trial and error. You can just swap in the nuts, seeds and fruits that you would prefer.

Ingredients:

3 cups oats (NOT instant)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup walnuts
1 cup hazelnuts 
1 cup cranberries
2 tsp cinnamon
5 tbsp olive oil
2 (heaped) tbsp honey

preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Pour all your ingredients (except for the cranberries) onto a baking tray, drizzling the honey and olive oil on top. Give it a good stir and slip in the  oven for about 20 mins. 

Important note: to keep your granola from burning, you'll need to pop back in the kitchen and give it a good stir every 5-7 mins. 

Once it's golden brown, it's finished! Then just add the cranberries and enjoy with some yogurt or milk! 

No comments:

Post a Comment