Monday, August 17, 2015

yarn crushes



Several months ago, I shared a list of yarns I was hoping to try. Before coming to Vancouver I was saving up for months as I knew there would be plenty of opportunity to acquire new-to-me yarns. And I've definitely done so. Today I thought I would share a list about some of those yarns, what I like about them and what I'm hoping to make out of them. 


Quince and Co Lark // I've mentioned before how much I love this yarn, but I just had to include it in this list as I just cannot get over how lovely it is. Such fun to knit with, wonderful stitch definition, beautiful colours to choose from and so very soft and wooly. Just a dream. I'm working on a little mini collection to be released this Fall using this yarn and I couldn't be happier with the choice. 

Mule Spinner Yarns // This yarn I discovered completely by accident in a little yarn shop on the Sunshine Coast. It's a rustic, sheepy wool made from 100% Canadian Fiber out of Alberta. I'm planning on making a ribbed toque for Waldi once Fall comes and to be honest, I can hardly wait to cast on so that I have a chance to work with it. 

Insouciant Fibers Jacobs Wool // I also mentioned this yarn before when I talked about my visit to Tolt Yarn and Wool. Lately I've been really curious to knit with a marled yarn and as soon as I saw this skein sitting in it's basket, I knew it would be coming home with me. It's soft and lovely and from Washington State! Still no plans for it, but I'm sure the inspiration will strike at some point.

Purl Soho Worsted Twist // I was so excited when Waldi came back from his trip to New York with...yarn! He visited Purl Soho and picked this skein out for me and I love it. I'm currently thinking it will become another hat but I'm still thinking it through a bit...

YOTH Little Brother // This yarn is a wonderful blend of wool, cashmere and nylon, the perfect combination for a pair of really special socks. I've had my eye on the Firenze pattern by Rachel Coopey for several months now and when I saw this colourway I knew it would showcase the stitch pattern perfectly. I can hardly wait to cast on! (This was supposed to be August's project, but the way things are going it will most likely be September's...)

What yarns have you been knitting with and loving lately? Any new finds? I'd love to hear some of your favorites...

No comments:

Post a Comment