Friday, April 15, 2016

knitting for littles



I've been working on putting this post together for awhile. These past few months I've so enjoyed working on little knitting projects for Baby Werwai- I keep finding great patterns to add to the list! So, though I'm sure it's not a complete list, I thought I would share today in case any of you are looking for cute little baby knits to make up for your own little one, or to give away. 

one thing I will say is that knitting for baby certainly makes one feel like a very productive knitter. the projects are so cute and tiny they seem to just fly off the needles! 

so here are some of my favorite projects so far:

Stripes Raglan Pullover // pattern // my project

I so loved working on this pattern and am thrilled with the results (pictured above). I went for neutral grey & white stripes but am debating knitting up some more in larger sizes using other colours. So many options! 

Purl Soho Garter Earflap Hat // pattern // my project

Although it's a little big, this turned out lovely (also pictured above). I used a thicker baby merino wool from Rico that I've had in my stash for almost a year and the result is a super squishy, warm hat that will be perfect for the cooler months, once baby is a little older.

Tegan Top Knot Hat // pattern 

This was a super quick and satisfying knit. I used a ball of self striping baby Regia wool I picked up at a yarn shop here in Marburg. I'm thinking this might make the perfect hat for baby to wear home from the birthing center...





Annabelle Babe Cardigan // pattern // my project

This lovely little cardigan designed by Carrie Hoge was one of the very first things I knit for our little one (pictured above). I made mine using Quince and Co chickadee in the lichen colorway and love how it turned out! I've still got to add some buttons (I'm thinking little wooden ones?) but since I knit it in the 3-6 month size, I've still got a bit of time. 

oh baby! baby booties // pattern 

these are my favorite baby booties. I've made them for countless nieces & nephews & babies of friends over the years and it was so much fun to knit them up for our own little one. 

baby moccasins // pattern

I made these ages ago, well before I was pregnant, using some cotton I had left over from another project and they are just the sweetest. Simple and straightforward and oh so lovely. 



simple bias baby blanket 

this is another project I made ages and ages ago. I've been using it as a small lap blanket for the past few years, but it's the perfect size for a stroller blanket once the weather cools down and we're out and about with baby. I improvised mine, but this pattern is very similar to what I did.

crochet nursing necklace

This project was a bit of a last minute whim but I am so in love with how it turned out. I mostly improvised it, but this tutorial is very similar to what I did if you're curious!

cotton seed stitch blanket

this is another improvised project (pictured as a WIP below). It's a similar size to the other blanket I made but a little thinner for our little June bug. You can see a ton of progress shots of this blanket on my Ravelry project page.



and here are a few last projects I'm hoping to get to in the next few weeks:

Brambles Bear // pattern 

this is just the cutest. I've got the pattern downloaded and am just on the lookout for a soft wool in the right color. 

Birds of Happiness mobile // pattern 

I've been debating what kind of mobile to make for the nursery for what feels like forever. Originally I thought I'd make one with little felt animals, but I saw on Ravelry that people had been making mobiles out of this pattern and I just love the idea! I've got so much leftover sock wool that would lend itself perfectly to this project, so hopefully I can get started soon!

Teddy Bear rattle // pattern

another crochet project, this is just too cute. Hoping I have time for this one! 


Whew! That was a list... Even so, I would of course love to hear any pattern suggestions you have for knitting for littles. And if you're looking for more inspiration, you can follow my Pinterest board dedicated to this topic. 

1 comment:

  1. Those are all so lovely patterns! I love your stripes raglan pullover and the Quince and Co cardigan is also adorable! Thanks so much for the links, there are definitely some I would love to knit in the future. I can also recommend 'PickyPants' by Theresa Belville, a pattern that you can alternate and modify just the way you like it. And I once knitted Holiday Elf as a gift, a hat by Jones and Vandermeer, and it's so adorable. Happy baby knitting!

    ReplyDelete