Friday, August 12, 2016

queue check


As is evidenced by the lack of posts I've done about knitting, over the past few months I have really struggled to find projects to motivate me. Aside from a few baby knits and 3 or 4 pairs of socks, I've basically done little to no knitting this whole year. 

With Fall approaching and my mom here this past month working on her projects, I've been super motivated to find simple but fun projects that have me excited to pick up the needles. None of these are very challenging, but they are all lovely and many use up yarn I've had kicking around for ages. I'm so excited about these that I just can't cast on fast enough.

Here's what I'll be working on this next month and into Fall. (note: most of the headers are links to the patterns for easy access)


simple ribbed cowl 

I knit up one of these for my mom while she was here using some Cascade yarn she had left from a sweater she made and brought with her. This was the perfect mindless knitting project that I was looking for- something simple and easy that isn't socks, ha! So now I've cast on a second one for me in a beautiful purple yarn. Can't wait to wear it come fall.

cabled baby vest

So I couldn't find a link to this pattern on Ravelry but it's from this book. I'm so excited for this. It's a very cute cabled vest that I'm knitting up in a soft beige for C to wear under denim jackets come fall. I'd like to have it finished by the time the weather cools off so I'd better get started!


Hermione's Everyday socks

started these a few days before Caleb was born and am now on the cuff of the second sock. I love this pattern so much and it's turning out just lovely in the Patons Kroy yarn I'm using. 


the Traveling Scarf


I've got a pile of chunky yarn from a frogged project sitting in my closet that I'd been wondering what to do with. So when I saw this pattern I thought it might be fun to try my hand at it. A quick project for the Fall.


afterthought heel socks

There is a ball of Arne and Carlos Regia sock yarn that's been sitting in my stash for over a year. I've been waiting to cast on because I want to try afterthought heel socks and I didn't have the right accent color. Last week I picked up a ball of grey Regia yarn to go with it and now I can't wait to start. I'm planning to make the heel grey and to do a pretty picot cast on edge in grey as well. These are going on the needles as soon as my Hermione socks are done!


Dubliner Hat

This is my own pattern, but I've had a skein of Cascade 220 left over from my cardigan kicking around since January and I think this would be the perfect project for it. 


bonus project: crochet teething rings

and just for fun, I'd like to try my hand at making this and/or this



okay so I want to know, what have you been knitting this summer? any exciting plans for upcoming Fall projects? as always, Happy Knitting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment