Friday, November 18, 2016

here & there


once again, it's been ages since I shared a little list of fiber related links I'm enjoying. so today, I thought I'd change that. 

this video from the Mandarines' Youtube Channel was so fun to watch! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way :)

this post from my friend Fran about spinning in the early days after her baby was born is just so inspiring. 

this yarn is so interesting looking and has such an interesting story. I'm sure it would be pretty fun to knit with!

this interview with Amy from Madeline Tosh is really fascinating- I could have listened to her talking about color all day long...

this pattern is beautiful and though I don't normally knit triangular shawls, I just might have to make an exception

this knit along is just starting up and I'm so tempted to join. any of the kits would make excellent projects but I specifically love the winter mittens.

Slow Fashion October is now long over but there is so much good stuff in the archives. I must admit I've not read a ton, but I'm slowly making my way through Karen's blog posts

and in connection with SFO: this post from Julie really hit on something that many of us can relate to and addresses an important element of this conversation.

and also, not fiber related but: 

this video is my cousin (who I interviewed here) announcing his world wide bike trip. you can also follow along on Instagram here or here and see a video about their first week in Washington state here.

PS. that fiber in the photo above was inherited from my auntie. she traded veggies from her garden for it back in the 70's and I'm excited to card it and start spinning!
AND in case your curious, that is my Lila sweater which I made almost two years ago now.

1 comment:

  1. Such an awesome round up! I love that shawl, even though I'm not big on triangular shawls, either. I appreciate & feel honoured to be included in your link round up, thank you! Off to check out all the other goodies you've shared with us.....

    ReplyDelete