Monday, August 21, 2017

Raincloud and Sage yarn



so big news to drop today: I am starting a yarn label.

For the past several months, I've been working quietly but diligently behind the scenes on my newest creative venture- r&s yarn. I'm very excited and completely scared out of my mind to finally officially announce it with you all today. 

Honestly, the idea for this yarn came about quite organically- I wasn't exactly looking for this opportunity. But once we did dream it up, I just couldn't stop thinking about it. It's scary because I don't exactly know what I'm doing and I'm having to learn a TON each step of the way. It's exciting because, well honestly? It feels like the perfect place for me to end up in this season of my life and fiber journey. 

So what will r&s yarn look like, you ask? We hope to offer *very* small batch farm yarns 100% grown, spun & dyed within 50km of where I live in central Germany. This year there will be two bases of woolen spun yarn available, in two different undyed colorways as well as limited edition, one of a kind, naturally dyed skeins. R&S yarn will be run by myself and my good friend Marty, with a focus on partnerships with other creatives and fiber folk.



Our yarn will launch in October. Until then you can stay updated by following us on Instagram (we're @raincloudandsage over there...) or signing up for our newsletter via the link on our website: raincloudandsage.com. Over the next few weeks we'll be sharing more of our origin story, as well as behind the scenes peeks at our process AND of course, any updates on when our shop will be opening. 

I'm so excited about this venture and I hope you'll come along with us for the journey. Thanks as always for stopping by this little space of mine. I'm glad you're here. 

2 comments: